Our network of Greenmarket farmers markets, Farmstands, and Fresh Food Box sites, coupled with GrowNYC Wholesale, ensures that all New Yorkers have access to the freshest, healthiest local food.
Since 1976, Greenmarket has promoted regional agriculture and ensured a continuing supply of fresh, local produce for all New Yorkers. Greenmarket supports farmers and preserves farmland for the future by providing regional farmers with opportunities to sell their fruits, vegetables and other products at our open-air farmers markets throughout New York City.
Greenmarket is a producer-only market with rigorous “grow-your-own” standards. Why is that important? Because selling directly to customers means farmers, fishers and their children can keep doing what they love and feeding growing cities. It also means you get to know who grows your food.
Greenmarket's farmers and fishers come from broad a section of the Northeast, including parts of New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York and New England, providing New Yorkers with a bountiful and astoundingly diverse array of fresh foods.
How Can We Help You?
I am a shopper looking for fresh, healthy, local food:
- Visit one of our 50+ Greenmarkets farmers markets, including our flagship Union Square Greenmarket.
- Learn about our farmers.
- Pre-order for curbside pickup at market or direct home delivery with our farmers through FellowFarmer.com
- Discover how to use SNAP and other nutrition benefits to purchase food at market.
- Learn what’s in season.
- Follow us on social media or download the Union Square App (available on the App store and Google Play).
- Learn about our criteria and request a Greenmarket in your neighborhood.
I am a buyer looking for food in wholesale quantities:
- GrowNYC’s food hub and delivery service, GrowNYC Wholesale, supports regional food producers by making their products available to wholesale buyers throughout the city. Learn how to participate.
- GrowNYC Greenmarkets has partnered with Fellow Farmer, an online ordering system, to make it easy for chefs to shop, pay, pick-up, and schedule delivery directly from their favorite Greenmarket farmers. Producers are still being added to the platform so check here for updated listings of farmers and wholesale product listings or to request that a producer be added to the platform, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the Wholesale Greenmarket in Hunts Point, Bronx.
I am a farmer:
- GrowNYC Farmer Assistance provides both aspiring and established Greenmarket farmers with business technical assistance and training. Learn about our Farm Beginnings course, or for experienced farmers, access resources.
- Not a Greenmarket producer? Learn about our eligibility requirements and apply.
- Learn about GrowNYC Grains and get business assistance.
I am interested in education:
- Sign up for Greenmarket Youth Education’s school tours of the farmers market.
- Field trips, presentations, and more for senior centers and community based organizations.
- See what other education programs GrowNYC offers.
I am a member of the media:
- View recent stories and contact our press department
- Read our guidelines for filming at Greenmarket (coming soon!)