Our network of Greenmarket farmers markets, Youthmarkets, Fresh Food Box pick-ups, and Greenmarket Co. ensures that all New Yorkers have access to the freshest, healthiest local food.
GrowNYC is committed to providing safe and accepting community programing. We do so by standing firmly against hateful speech and behavior of all kinds and firmly behind our employees, partners, participants, community members and others who share our values. We welcome all who want to learn and improve the world we share, as long as they join us with an open mind and heart and treat each other with respect and dignity.
When you participate in GrowNYC program offerings you will:
- Be considerate and respectful to all staff, fellow participants and the community at large.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior, materials, and speech.
- Speak up if you observe anything at an event that conflicts with this Code of Conduct. If you are being harassed or feel uncomfortable, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member GrowNYC’s staff.
Unacceptable behavior from any participant or attendee will not be tolerated. Unacceptable behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning speech, materials, or conduct by any Attendee of the event and related event activities. Many event venues are shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language or symbols directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Personal insults or oppressive behavior, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, basis of ability, age, cultural background, education, ethnicity, immigration status, language, nationality, physical appearance, or religion.
- Taking photos or video or audio recordings which are used for the purpose of embarrassing or harassing an attendee, or edited or otherwise distorted for such purposes, or which use the likeness of an individual for commercial purposes without consent.
- Any boisterous, lewd, or offensive behavior or language, including but not limited to using sexually explicit or offensive language, materials or conduct, or any language, behavior, or content that contains profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious, or ethnic slurs.
- Failure to obey any rules or regulations or directions given by event staff.
GrowNYC may direct any Attendee who violates the Code of Conduct to leave the venue and reserves the right to ban individuals from all of GrowNYC’s events and programing. In addition, GrowNYC staff reserves the right to discontinue the program unless the unacceptable behavior is corrected, or the disruptive party leaves the venue.