Our network of Greenmarket farmers markets, Youthmarkets, Fresh Food Box pick-ups, and Greenmarket Co. ensures that all New Yorkers have access to the freshest, healthiest local food.
Seed to Plate, our nutrition education program for fifth and sixth graders, tells the story of local food and why it's important for our bodies, the environment, and our community, inspiring healthy food choices and environmental leaders.
- Students tour and taste at local Greenmarkets.
- Visits to local farms including the Queens County Farm Museum and the Teaching Garden on Governors Island.
- Classroom visits from chefs and local farmers.
- Hands on prep of diverse, healthy food grown in New York State.
- Interdisciplinary/standards aligned. Seed to Plate can be taught in social studies, ELA, health, or science class.
- GrowNYC staff facilitates training for educators and coordinates all trips, guest visits, prep and deliveries of cooking supplies, while providing ongoing support throughout the duration of the program.
Seed to Plate was designed in collaboration with the Laurie M. Tisch Center for Food, Education & Policy at Teachers College Columbia University.
For more information, please contact Kristin Fields at firstname.lastname@example.org.