Our network of Greenmarket farmers markets, Youthmarkets, Fresh Food Box pick-ups, and Greenmarket Co. ensures that all New Yorkers have access to the freshest, healthiest local food.
For the last 50 years, we have believed that everyone can make a positive impact and that collective action is necessary to secure a clean and healthy environment for future generations.
We have worked nonstop throughout this challenging year to:
- Provide fresh, healthy food choices to New Yorkers in every borough, quickly implementing strict safety protocols that served as a model for farmers markets across the country
- Launch a free emergency food box program for communities facing food insecurity exacerbated by the pandemic
- Grow and donate more than 12,500 lbs. of produce (and counting) from our Teaching Garden at Governors Island to neighborhood groups distributing food to their communities
- Create free digital educational programming and resources for all ages on a brand new distance learning site
- Build and restore community gardens that provide a place for respite and where neighbors can grow their own food
GrowNYC is facing unprecedented challenges and we need your financial support to keep basic programs going: community gardens, food access sites, composting and environmental education.
Give $50 or more by December 31, 2020 to enter to win 2 JetBlue round trip travel certificates.
Prefer to donate by mail? Write your check out to:
GrowNYC, P.O. Box 2327, New York, NY 10272
GrowNYC is also eligible to receive donor advised funds. Use the DAF Direct portal below or make a grant recommendation to your donor advised fund for GrowNYC today.
You can also help protect the future of NYC and ensure your legacy will live on in green spaces, food access and agriculture, education, and conservation by making a bequest to GrowNYC.
For more information call 212-788-7900 x253 or email.
Contributions are tax deductible as allowed by law.