Our network of Greenmarket farmers markets, Farmstands, and Fresh Food Box sites, coupled with GrowNYC Wholesale, ensures that all New Yorkers have access to the freshest, healthiest local food.
Let's Talk Vegetables (virtual)
Let’s Talk Vegetables is a monthly online learning series presented live to older adult centers and community-based organizations.
- Let's Talk Vegetables meets the NYSOFA requirements for one nutrition education credit - See DFTA approval letter here.
Fresh and Local Market Tour (in person)
Fresh and Local Market Tours (April - November) introduce groups from older adult centers and community-based organizations to Greenmarket farmers markets.
- Maximum group size: 15 participants.
- Fresh and Local Market Tour counts toward the requirement for nutrition education once per year. - See DFTA approval letter here.
- Greenmarket Bucks and/or Health Bucks will be distributed to tour participants at the end of the tour, while supplies last.
Teaching Garden at Governors Island Tours (in person)
Guided tours of the Teaching Garden at Governors Island are offered to groups from Older Adult Centers and community-based organizations each spring and fall. Please note:
- Maximum group size: 15 participants. (At least 2 staffers from the Older Adult Center must accompany group. Additional staff are welcome.)
- The distance from the ferry to the garden is 3/4 mile. No transportation is available on Governors Island. Participants must be able to walk in both directions.
- Stores/food options are limited on the island. Participants should bring food and beverages.
- Tours are outdoors and weather permitting. Weather/temperatures on the island may be more extreme than other places in the city. Sunscreen and hats are recommended on sunny days. The ferry may be breezy.
GrowNYC Intros (virtual)
By request, GrowNYC offers online presentations introducing the work of GrowNYC to various audiences, such as Older Adult Centers, community-based groups, university groups, and others.
For more information on our activities above, including scheduling and pricing, please contact Susie Spodek: email@example.com
GrowNYC Videos for Older Adults
- GrowNYC's Distance Learning Page - blog for youth and adult education
- Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program – What is this and how to use this benefit
- Shopping with EBT, Strawberries, and Greenmarkets during COVID
- A visit to Marcus Garvey Tenant's Association Garden, Brownsville, Brooklyn featuring summer beverages – Spanish
- Juice & Smoothie Ideas at Brownsville Pitkin and Cypress Hills Farmstands - Spanish
- Local favorites at Brownsville Pitkin and Cypress Hills Farmstands – Spanish
- Meet Greenmarket Farmer Ana – Ana Angel of Angel Family Farm
- Summer Squash
- Spinach and Greenmarkets during COVID
- Gardening for Seniors