Our network of Greenmarket farmers markets, Farmstands, and Fresh Food Box sites, coupled with GrowNYC Wholesale, ensures that all New Yorkers have access to the freshest, healthiest local food.
GrowNYC offers live, remote learning presentations, in-person tours for adults on a limited basis, and online resources.
Let's Talk Vegetables - Remote Learning Series
Let’s Talk Vegetables is a remote learning monthly series available to older adult (senior) centers and local community-based organizations serving adults. "Let's Talk Vegetables" has been approved as meeting the NYSOFA requirements for one nutrition education credit - See DFTA approval letter here.
For more information or to register your organization, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fresh and Local Market Tour - Tour a Greenmarket
Fresh and Local Market Tour introduces groups from older adult (senior) centers and community-based organizations to Greenmarket farmers markets (here is a listing of markets). For more information or to request a tour, contact: email@example.com.
Fresh and Local Market Tour counts toward the requirement for nutrition education once per year. - See DFTA approval letter here.
(Click here for tours for international delegations and professionals in the field.)
COVID-safety protocols: GrowNYC tour leaders are fully vaccinated. Maximum group size: 15 participants.
Greenmarket Bucks and/or Health Bucks will be distributed to tour participants at the end of the tour, while supplies last.
Remote Learning on Demand
- Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program – Information about this important benefit program
- May 2020 – Shopping at Greenmarkets during COVID; Featuring spinach
- June 2020 – Shopping with Nutrition Benefits; Featuring strawberries
- Healthy Beverages – English / Spanish - Using local fruits and vegetables to make healthy drinks
- Juice & Smoothies – English / Spanish - Featuring recipe ideas
- Shopping at Brooklyn Farmstands – English / Spanish - How to prepare regional fruits and vegetables
- Meet Greenmarket Farmer Ana – Ana Angel of Angel Family Farm
- Summer Squash – Recipe ideas using zucchini and other types of summer squash
- Gardening for Seniors
- GrowNYC's Distance Learning Page - blog for youth and adult education