Our network of Greenmarket farmers markets, Farmstands, and Fresh Food Box pick-ups, coupled with GrowNYC Wholesale, ensures that all New Yorkers have access to the freshest, healthiest local food.
In 2021, we offer live, remote learning presentations, in-person tours for adults on a limited basis, and online resources.
Let's Talk Vegetables - Remote Learning Series
Let’s Talk Vegetables is a remote learning monthly series available to senior centers and local community-based organizations serving adults. For more information or to register your organization, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
GrowNYC Tours at Union Square Greenmarket
GrowNYC offers small group tours of the Union Square Greenmarket for senior centers and community based organizations, with COVID-safety protocols. Tours can be tailored to the group's areas of interest. For more information or to request a tour, contact: email@example.com. (Click here for tours for international delegations and professionals in the field.)
COVID-safety protocols: All participants must wear face coverings at all time. Social distancing is a priority. No food or beverages will be sampled, but individuals are invited to purchase items to sample at home. Maximum group size: 8 participants.
Remote Learning on Demand
- Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program – Information about this important benefit program
- May 2020 – Shopping at Greenmarkets during COVID; Featuring spinach
- June 2020 – Shopping with Nutrition Benefits; Featuring strawberries
- Healthy Beverages – English / Spanish - Using local fruits and vegetables to make healthy drinks
- Juice & Smoothies – English / Spanish - Featuring recipe ideas
- Shopping at Brooklyn Farmstands – English / Spanish - How to prepare regional fruits and vegetables
- Meet Greenmarket Farmer Ana – Ana Angel of Angel Family Farm
- Summer Squash – Recipe ideas using zucchini and other types of summer squash
- Gardening for Seniors
- GrowNYC's Distance Learning Page - blog for youth and adult education