Our network of Greenmarket farmers markets, Farmstands, and Fresh Food Box sites, coupled with GrowNYC Wholesale, ensures that all New Yorkers have access to the freshest, healthiest local food.
In 2021, we offer live, remote learning presentations, in-person tours for adults on a limited basis, and online resources.
Let's Talk Vegetables - Remote Learning Series
Let’s Talk Vegetables is a remote learning monthly series available to senior centers and local community-based organizations serving adults. For more information or to register your organization, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
GrowNYC Tours at Union Square Greenmarket
GrowNYC offers small group tours of the Union Square Greenmarket for senior centers and community based organizations, with COVID-safety protocols. Tours can be tailored to the group's areas of interest. For more information or to request a tour, contact: email@example.com. (Click here for tours for international delegations and professionals in the field.)
COVID-safety protocols: All participants must wear face coverings at all time. Social distancing is a priority. No food or beverages will be sampled, but individuals are invited to purchase items to sample at home. Maximum group size: 8 participants.
Remote Learning on Demand
- Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program – Information about this important benefit program
- May 2020 – Shopping at Greenmarkets during COVID; Featuring spinach
- June 2020 – Shopping with Nutrition Benefits; Featuring strawberries
- Healthy Beverages – English / Spanish - Using local fruits and vegetables to make healthy drinks
- Juice & Smoothies – English / Spanish - Featuring recipe ideas
- Shopping at Brooklyn Farmstands – English / Spanish - How to prepare regional fruits and vegetables
- Meet Greenmarket Farmer Ana – Ana Angel of Angel Family Farm
- Summer Squash – Recipe ideas using zucchini and other types of summer squash
- Gardening for Seniors
- GrowNYC's Distance Learning Page - blog for youth and adult education