Our network of farmers markets, Youthmarkets, Fresh Food Box pick-ups, and Greenmarket Co. ensures that all New Yorkers have access to the freshest, healthiest local food.
How to use SNAP/EBT at Greenmarkets
1. Find your neighborhood Greenmarket. (All markets accept SNAP).
2. Visit the market information tent and look for the Market Manager. They will be wearing a GrowNYC t-shirt.
3. Swipe your EBT card to purchase as many $1 or $5 wooden tokens as you'd like. These tokens will act as cash at the market.
4. Receive $2 in Health Bucks (good for fruits and vegetables only) for every $5 you spend with SNAP.
5. Spend your tokens at any farm stand selling SNAP-eligible foods.
What to do with leftover tokens?
How to use Farmers Market Nutrition Program (FMNP) checks at Greenmarkets
1. FMNP checks are each worth $4. Every vegetable and fruit farmer in the Greenmarket program is required to accept FMNP.
2. Pick out the produce that you'd like. Remember, FMNP is only good for fresh fruits and vegetables!
How to use WIC Vegetable and Fruit (WIC V & F) checks at Greenmarkets
Please note that the values specified in the above video are not correct for 2017. Below you will find the 2017 check values for the Monthly WIC Vegetable and Fruit Checks.
1. WIC V & F checks come in increments of $4, $8, $11, and $17. Not all vegetable and fruit farmers in the Greenmarket program accept the WIC V & F checks. Go to the market information tent and ask the market manager which farmers accept WIC V & F checks.
2. Pick out the produce that you'd like. Remember, WIC V & F checks can only be used for fresh fruits and vegetables, and cannot be used for herbs, seeds, or food producing plants.
3. Pay the farmer directly for your produce using the WIC V & F check just like cash. No change is given, so the farmer may suggest that you pick out something else to make up the complete value of the check.