Our network of Greenmarket farmers markets, Farmstands, and Fresh Food Box pick-ups, coupled with GrowNYC Wholesale, ensures that all New Yorkers have access to the freshest, healthiest local food.
How to use SNAP/EBT at Greenmarkets
1. Find your neighborhood Greenmarket. (All markets accept SNAP).
2. Visit the market information tent and look for the Market Manager. They will be wearing a GrowNYC t-shirt.
3. Swipe your EBT card to purchase as many $1 or $5 wooden tokens as you'd like. These tokens will act as cash at the market.
4. New! Changes to Health Bucks in 2021 -- Spend $2 in SNAP / EBT / P-EBT, get bonus $2 Health Buck, up to $10 per visit!
5. Spend your tokens at any farm stand selling SNAP-eligible foods.
*NEW: Many farmers accept SNAP/EBT directly. Visit the market info tent to find out which farmers can swipe your EBT card and provide you with Health Bucks.
What to do with leftover tokens?
How to use Farmers Market Nutrition Program (FMNP) checks at Greenmarkets
1. FMNP checks are each worth $4. Every vegetable and fruit farmer in the Greenmarket program is required to accept FMNP.
2. Pick out the produce that you'd like. Remember, FMNP is only good for fresh fruits and vegetables!