Our network of farmers markets, Youthmarkets, Fresh Food Box pick-ups, and Greenmarket Co. ensures that all New Yorkers have access to the freshest, healthiest local food.
How to use EBT at Greenmarkets
1. Find out which markets accept EBT.
2. Visit the market information tent and look for the Market Manager. They will be wearing a t-shirt that says Greenmarket.
3. Swipe your food stamp/EBT card to purchase as many $1 or $5 wooden tokens as youd like. These tokens will act as cash at the market.
4. Spend your tokens at any farm stand that displays a sign stating "Food Stamp/EBT tokens accepted here."
What to do with left over tokens?
How to use Farmers Market Nutrition Program (FMNP) checks at Greenmarkets
1. FMNP checks are each worth $4. Almost all vegetable and fruit farmers in the Greenmarket program accept FMNP checks, but to be sure, go to the market information tent and ask the market manager which farmers accept the FMNP checks.
2. Pick out the produce that you'd like. Remember, FMNP is only good for fresh fruits and vegetables!
How to use WIC Vegetable and Fruit (WIC V & F) checks at Greenmarkets
Please note that the values specified in the above video are not correct for 2015. Below you will find the 2015 check values for the Monthly WIC Vegetable and Fruit Checks.
1. WIC V & F checks come in increments of $6, $8, $10, and $15. Not all vegetable and fruit farmers in the Greenmarket program accept the WIC V & F checks. Go to the market information tent and ask the market manager which farmers accept WIC V & F checks.
2. Pick out the produce that you'd like. Remember, WIC V & F checks can only be used for fresh fruits and vegetables, and cannot be used for herbs, seeds, or food producing plants.
3. Pay the farmer directly for your produce using the WIC V & F check just like cash. No change is given, so the farmer may suggest that you pick out something else to make up the complete value of the check.