Our network of Greenmarket farmers markets, Farmstands, and Fresh Food Box sites, coupled with GrowNYC Wholesale, ensures that all New Yorkers have access to the freshest, healthiest local food.
- PODCAST: Powered by Audio: How will good sound shape the future of education?
TThe global pandemic has forced school educators to quickly adapt to remote teaching. Will online classes gradually replace the classroom? Apr 21, 2021
- PODCAST: Freakonomics Radio: Please Get Your Noise Out of My Ears with Dr. Arline Bronzaft
The modern world overwhelms us with sounds we didn’t ask for, like car alarms and cell-phone "halfalogues." What does all this noise cost us in terms of productivity, health, and basic sanity? November 11, 2020
- Search, M. and Bronzaft, A. L. (2020) Reducing Urban Noise. Behavioral Science in the Global Arena, Volume 1. Edited by: Elaine P. Congress, Harold Takooshian and Abigail Asper.
- Women Whose Noise Complaints Have Been Dismissed Are Asked to Advocate for A Quieter Environment by Arline Bronzaft. February 6, 2020.
- PODCAST: Soundproofist: Noise politics – with Dr. Arline Bronzaft
In this podcast episode, Dr. Bronzaft shares how she helped to reduce noise in the classroom and raise children’s reading scores. She also outlines some of the history of U.S. noise policy. Her noise-conscious grandson Matt joined in to talk about how plane traffic from nearby LaGuardia airport affects him at home and at school. November 04, 2019
- PODCAST: Why Noise matters with Dr. Arline Bronzaft
In this episode of Erik and Lyn Lindbergh's podcast, Dr. Bronzaft discusses her research based approach to how noise affects our quality of life. August 18, 2019
- Supporting healthier urban environments with a sound and noise curriculum for students by Arline Bronzaft. Cities & Health, March 21, 2019.
- An Exploratory Survey of Sound Levels in New York City Restaurants and Bars by Gregory Scott. Open Journal of Social Sciences, August 2018.
- How City Noise is Slowly Killing You by Andrea Bartz. Harpers Bazaar, July 25, 2017.
- The Noise From Wind Turbines: Potential Adverse Impacts on Children’s Well-Being. Bulletin of Science, Technology & Society, July 20, 2011.
- Neighborhood Noise and its Consequences, Special Report #3. December 2004 by Arline Bronzaft and Gregg Van Ryzin. Survey—December 2004.
- Neighborhood Noise and Its Consequences, Special Report #9. January 2006 by Arline Bronzaft and Gregg Van Ryzin.
- Impact of Noise on Health: The Divide between Policy and Science by Arline Bronzaft
- Why Noise Matters by John Stewart with Arline Bronzaft, Francis McManus, Nigel Rodgers, and Val Weedon
- Sound and Noise A Listener's Guide to Everyday Life by Marcia Jenneth Epstein with foreword by Arline Bronzaft.
- The Consumer Handbook on Hearing Loss and Noise by Marshall Chasin, Au.D., Editor
- Listen to the Raindrops by Arline Bronzaft. Illustration by Stephen Parton.
This delightful book with 15 color illustrations introduces children to the delights of every day sounds through the antics of a young mouse, and alerts them to the bad sounds that can hurt their ears. Listen to the Raindrops opens the door to noise awareness, the joy of sounds, and the need to protect our precious hearing. Can be obtained from the NYC Department of Environmental Protection by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. A NYC DEP lesson worksheet is available here.
- Center for Hearing and Communication Archives
- Center for Hearing and Communication Hearing rehabilitation and human services agency.
- Noise Pollution Clearinghouse Non-profit organization with extensive online noise related resources.
- Quiet Communities
- US-Citizens Aviation Watch
- NYC Dept of Environmental Protection's Sound and Noise Education Module
- Stop the Chop NY/NJ - helicopter noise.
- The Right to Quiet Society for Soundscape Awareness and Protection