Our network of Greenmarket farmers markets, Youthmarkets, Fresh Food Box pick-ups, and Greenmarket Co. ensures that all New Yorkers have access to the freshest, healthiest local food.
- Impact of Noise on Health: The Divide between Policy and Science by Arline Bronzaft
- Supporting healthier urban environments with a sound and noise curriculum for students by Arline Bronzaft. Cities & Health, March 21, 2019.
- Why Noise Matters by John Stewart with Arline Bronzaft, Francis McManus, Nigel Rodgers, and Val Weedon
- The Consumer Handbook on Hearing Loss and Noise by Marshall Chasin, Au.D., Editor
- Listen to the Raindrops by Arline Bronzaft. Illustration by Stephen Parton.
This delightful book with 15 color illustrations introduces children to the delights of every day sounds through the antics of a young mouse, and alerts them to the bad sounds that can hurt their ears. Listen to the Raindrops opens the door to noise awareness, the joy of sounds, and the need to protect our precious hearing. Can be obtained from the NYC Department of Environmental Protection by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. A NYC DEP lesson worksheet is available here.
- PODCAST: Why Noise matters with Dr. Arline Bronzaft
In this episode of Erik and Lyn Lindbergh's podcast, Dr. Bronzaft discusses her research based approach to how noise affects our quality of life. August 18, 2019
- PODCAST: Soundproofist: Noise politics – with Dr. Arline Bronzaft
In this podcast episode, Dr. Bronzaft shares how she helped to reduce noise in the classroom and raise children’s reading scores. She also outlines some of the history of U.S. noise policy. Her noise-conscious grandson Matt joined in to talk about how plane traffic from nearby LaGuardia airport affects him at home and at school. November 04, 2019
- Neighborhood Noise and its Consequences, Special Report #3. December 2004 by Arline Bronzaft and Gregg Van Ryzin. Survey—December 2004.
- Neighborhood Noise and Its Consequences, Special Report #9. January 2006 by Arline Bronzaft and Gregg Van Ryzin.
- The Noise From Wind Turbines: Potential Adverse Impacts on Children’s Well-Being. Bulletin of Science, Technology & Society, July 20, 2011.
- Center for Hearing and Communication Archives
- How City Noise is Slowly Killing You by Andrea Bartz. Harpers Bazaar, July 25, 2017.
- An Exploratory Survey of Sound Levels in New York City Restaurants and Bars by Gregory Scott. Open Journal of Social Sciences, August 2018.
- Women Whose Noise Complaints Have Been Dismissed Are Asked to Advocate for A Quieter Environment by Arline Bronzaft. February 6, 2020.
- Center for Hearing and Communication Hearing rehabilitation and human services agency.
- Noise Pollution Clearinghouse Non-profit organization with extensive online noise related resources.
- US-Citizens Aviation Watch
- The Quiet Coalition
- NYC Dept of Environmental Protection's Sound and Noise Education Module