Our network of Greenmarket farmers markets, Youthmarkets, Fresh Food Box pick-ups, and Greenmarket Co. ensures that all New Yorkers have access to the freshest, healthiest local food.
Our mission is to inspire, promote and facilitate the creation of sustainable gardens in public schools throughout New York City. The program was created in 2010 under the name “Grow to Learn” and since then, has established a network of over 800 school gardens in all five boroughs. Join us!
- Mini grant funding every fall to start or expand school gardens
- Technical garden assistance
- Supply giveaways including tools, seeds, seedlings, classroom cooking supplies, and more
- 40+ educational workshops each year
- An online portal of school gardening resources and instructional videos
- A monthly newsletter featuring GrowNYC Education resources and upcoming programs from us and our partners.
All DOE K-12 public and charter schools can register with us. Log in or Sign Up now!
- Kristin Fields, Director
- Colleen Graves, School Garden Coordinator (Queens and Staten Island)
- Danielle Burns, School Garden Coordinator (The Bronx and Upper Manhattan)
- Laura Casaregola, School Garden Coordinator (Brooklyn, Lower Manhattan)
- Jinky Nogales, Seed to Plate Educator
- Chantel Kemp, Garden Coordinator (NYCHA)