Our network of Greenmarket farmers markets, Youthmarkets, Fresh Food Box pick-ups, and Greenmarket Co. ensures that all New Yorkers have access to the freshest, healthiest local food.
Greenmarket offers a variety of specialized educational programming for youth and adults.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 global pandemic and with social distancing measures still in place at our Greenmarkets, we are offering live, remote presentations and workshops, and we have re-introduced in person tours for adults on a very limited basis. Fill out the form here to request a presentation or tour.
We are also hosting youth and adult education programming and sharing resources on GrowNYC's Distance Learning Page.
Remote Learning for Groups
Senior centers and local community-based organizations serving adults can schedule a Zoom presentation for their organization that will introduce the Greenmarket farmers markets, what is in season in the Northeast, and how to use nutrition benefits such as FMNP, SNAP/EBT, and Health Bucks at all GrowNYC sites, as well as some simple, seasonal food preparation. Click here to request a presentation.
Remote Learning on Demand
GrowNYC has created the following videos that can be accessed at any time by individuals, senior centers, or other organizations serving adults:
- Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program – Information about this important benefit program
- May 2020 – Shopping at Greenmarkets during COVID; Featuring spinach
- June 2020 – Shopping with Nutrition Benefits; Featuring strawberries
- Healthy Beverages – English / Spanish - Using local fruits and vegetables to make healthy drinks
- Juice & Smoothies – English / Spanish - Featuring recipe ideas
- Shopping at Brooklyn Farmstands – English / Spanish - How to prepare regional fruits and vegetables
- Meet Greenmarket Farmer Ana – Ana Angel of Angel Family Farm
- Summer Squash – Recipe ideas using zucchini and other types of summer squash
- Gardening for Seniors
GrowNYC Tours at Union Square Greenmarket
GrowNYC is now offering small group tours of the world-famous Union Square Greenmarket with COVID-safety protocols. These 45-60 minute tours include an introduction to the Greenmarket and local, seasonal produce, opportunities to talk with farmer-producers, and a look at how the Greenmarkets have addressed COVID-safety issues.
Maximum group size: 8 participants. All participants must wear face coverings at all time and social distancing is a priority. For the safety of all, no food or beverages will be sampled, but individuals are invited to purchase items to sample at home. Click here to request a tour.
For more information, please contact Susie Spodek: firstname.lastname@example.org.