Our network of farmers markets, Youthmarkets, Fresh Food Box pick-ups, and Greenmarket Co. ensures that all New Yorkers have access to the freshest, healthiest local food.
GrowNYC’s garden program began in 1975, spearheaded by legendary gardener Liz Christy, turning vacant lots into green oases. We build and sustain community gardens, urban farms, school gardens, and rainwater harvesting systems across New York City. To date, GrowNYC has built 100 gardens, and we support hundreds more through renovations, green infrastructure projects, technical assistance, volunteer days, an annual plant sale, and much more.
I want a garden in my neighborhood
- Email us with your specific questions and we will do what we can to help
I want to spruce up my garden
- Learn more about our Annual Spring Plant Sale
- Request GrowNYC's assistance at your garden by submitting this form
- Explore our green infrastructure toolkit so you can learn to build a rainwater harvesting system, rain garden, bioswale and more.
- Download gardening tips and fact sheets from our garden publications page
I want a garden at my school
- Grow to Learn, our program for all our school gardening services, including mini-grants, trainings, plant give-a-ways, curriculum and more.
- Learn more about field trips for children (and adults on weekends!) to our Governors Island Teaching Garden
I want to visit a garden
I want to support a garden
- Sign up to be a volunteer
- Organize a corporate volunteer day and volunteer with 10 to 500 of your co-workers
- Donate to GrowNYC's garden program