Our network of farmers markets, Youthmarkets, Fresh Food Box pick-ups, and Greenmarket Co. ensures that all New Yorkers have access to the freshest, healthiest local food.
GrowNYC recently released two community garden manuals:
Founded by Liz Christy in 1975, GrowNYC's garden program builds and sustains community gardens, urban farms, school gardens, and rainwater harvesting systems across New York City. To date, GrowNYC has built more than 90 gardens, and we support hundreds more through renovations, green infrastructure projects, technical assistance, volunteers days, an annual plant sale, and much more.
Grow to Learn is GrowNYC's citywide school garden initiative that was established in partnership with The Mayor’s Fund to Advance NYC in 2010. Working alongside partners from NYC Parks Department’s Green Thumb division and the Department of Education’s Office of School Food, Grow to Learn inspires, facilitates and promotes the creation of a sustainable school garden in each and every public school across New York City.
I want a garden in my neighborhood
- Email us with your specific questions and we will do what we can to help
I want to spruce up my garden
- Learn more about our Annual Spring Plant Sale
- Request GrowNYC's assistance at your garden by submitting this form
- Explore our green infrastructure toolkit so you can learn to build a rainwater harvesting system, rain garden, bioswale and more.
- Download gardening tips and fact sheets from our garden publications page
I want a garden at my school
- Grow to Learn, our program for all our school gardening services, including mini-grants, trainings, plant give-a-ways, curriculum and more.
- Learn more about field trips for children (and adults on weekends!) to our Governors Island Teaching Garden
I want to visit a garden
I want to support a garden