Our network of farmers markets, Youthmarkets, Fresh Food Box pick-ups, and Greenmarket Co. ensures that all New Yorkers have access to the freshest, healthiest local food.
Help us tell our story visually! We are looking for artists to channel their inner environmentalist and create a two-dimensional work of art inspired by GrowNYC’s work in NYC - think Greenmarkets, gardens, recycling, composting, habitat preservation and much more. Your name and art could then be put to public vote on our website.
How to Enter
Starting March 21, submit your artwork via the form at the bottom of this page in the following formats: BMP, JPG, PDF, PNG, PSD, TIF. Files should be no larger than 25 MB. Online submissions only. The submission deadline is 12 midnight on April 18th. *Please note submission does not guarantee entry in the public voting stage of the contest.
Full Rules Below
GrowNYC is the sustainability resource for New Yorkers: providing free tools and services anyone can use in order to improve our City and environment. More gardens, greenmarkets, more recycling, and education for all. Whether it's operating the world famous Union Square Greenmarket, building a new community garden, teaching young people about the environment, or improving recycling awareness, if you're a New Yorker, GrowNYC is working near you!
- Must be still images
- No sculptures or video
- *See Full List of Rules Below
Far be it from us to tell you how to be creative, but consider these ideas:
Rules for Entry
- The GrowNYC Day Art Contest (“Contest”) runs from March 21, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. to May 6, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. All entries are to be digitally submitted on [website] by April 18th, 2016 at 12:00 midnight. Entries submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Submission of artwork to this contest constitutes acceptance of each of these Rules for Entry.
- Artists may submit one entry only.
- Artists must be at least 18 years of age on March 21, 2016.
- To register for the Contest, each submission must include the artist’s name, e-mail, age on beginning date of Contest of March 21, 2016, and mailing address.
- Entries must be submitted using the guidelines stated above.
- Each artist warrants that he or she alone created the submitted work of art or if there are collaborators, that those collaborators are named.
- Each entry must be an original work of art and not a copy, derivative, or based in any way on other copyrighted or published works of art.
- Each artist warrants that he or she has obtained all necessary releases from models and other subjects featured in the works of art and any additional releases required with respect to names, trademarks, designs or works of art depicted in the submitted work of art.
- Each artist further warrants that the creation, display or distribution of the work of art will not violate any Federal, State, or local law.
- Top 10 Winners will be determined GrowNYC Staff. Top three winners will be determined by public vote, conducted electronically on the GrowNYC website.
- By submitting work, artists give GrowNYC the right to display their work on its website, at Greenmarket, and in GrowNYC offices. GrowNYC shall have the unlimited right to reproduce and modify winning entries for educational and promotional purposes, in both printed and electronic form. GrowNYC shall identify the artist as creator of any reproduced or displayed work.
- GrowNYC has the sole right to refuse any submission that is deemed inappropriate, offensive, or inconsistent with the mission of GrowNYC.
- GrowNYC assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, illegible, incomplete, or misdirected entries, or entries that have been submitted through illicit means or do not conform to or satisfy the Rules for Entry, or for any problems or technical malfunction that may occur when submitting entries.
- By entering, artists agree to be added to GrowNYC’s e-mail marketing list. GrowNYC will not share any personal data about entrants with any other party. GrowNYC will use contact details provided for the purposes of registration, program evaluation, and contest updates. GrowNYC may contact artists from time to time with information about the organization.
- GrowNYC is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest.
- GrowNYC reserves the right to cancel, amend, modify or terminate this Contest or the Rules for Entry at any time in its sole discretion and without notice. However, GrowNYC may not amend or modify the 12th Rule of Entry regarding display and ownership of artwork. In the event that the Contest is cancelled or terminated, no submitted entry shall be declared a winner, and GrowNYC shall have no claim of ownership of submitted artwork.
- No GrowNYC Staff is eligible to apply
If you have any questions not answered by the above Contest Rules, please contact
Ben Gordon: firstname.lastname@example.org
212-788-7900, Ex 253