Our network of Greenmarket farmers markets, Farmstands, and Fresh Food Box pick-ups, coupled with GrowNYC Wholesale, ensures that all New Yorkers have access to the freshest, healthiest local food.
GrowNYC’s Food Access and Agriculture program works to ensure both regional farm viability and equitable access to the fresh food grown on those farms for all NYC residents. We work with the diversity of communities throughout the five boroughs to empower New Yorkers to participate in a just and local food system.
In March of 2020, GrowNYC designed and implemented an Emergency Fresh Food Box program in partnership with the City of New York, with additional funding through the USDA, to provide no-cost emergency fresh food to communities throughout the City hardest hit by Covid. GrowNYC Wholesale works in collaboration with community partner organizations to distribute 4,000 emergency food box shares every week, each with food for between six to eight meals.
If you are in need of emergency food assistance, call the NYC Emergency Food Line at 1-866-888-8777. You can also go here for information about available resources.
How Can We Help You?
I am a shopper looking for fresh, healthy, local food:
- Visit one of our 50+ Greenmarkets and 15 Farmstands, including our flagship Union Square Greenmarket.
- Find a Fresh Food Box distribution site in your community.
- Learn about our farmers.
- Pre-order for curbside pickup at market or direct home delivery with our farmers through FellowFarmer.com
- Discover how to use SNAP and other nutrition benefits to purchase food at market.
- Learn what’s in season.
- Follow us on social media or download the Union Square App (available on the App store and Google Play).
- Learn about our criteria and request a Greenmarket in your neighborhood.
I am a buyer looking for food in wholesale quantities:
- GrowNYC’s food hub and delivery service, GrowNYC Wholesale, supports regional food producers by making their products available to wholesale buyers throughout the city. Learn how to participate.
- GrowNYC Greenmarkets has partnered with Fellow Farmer, an online ordering system, to make it easy for chefs to shop, pay, pick-up, and schedule delivery directly from their favorite Greenmarket farmers. Producers are still being added to the platform so check here for updated listings of farmers and wholesale product listings or to request that a producer be added to the platform, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the Wholesale Greenmarket in Hunts Point, Bronx.
I am a farmer:
- GrowNYC Farmer Assistance provides both aspiring and established Greenmarket farmers with business technical assistance and training. Learn about our Farm Beginnings course, or for experienced farmers, access resources.
- Not a Greenmarket producer? Learn about our eligibility requirements and apply.
- Learn about GrowNYC Grains and get business assistance.
I am interested in education:
- Sign up for Greenmarket Youth Education’s school tours of the farmers market.
- Work with older adults or with a community based organization? Sign up for a tour through Greenmarket Taste & Tour.
- See what other education programs GrowNYC offers.
I am a member of the media:
- View recent stories and contact our press department
- Read our guidelines for filming at Greenmarket (coming soon!)